How We Can Help

Our service is here to help if your child has or may have special educational needs. Therefore, even if no one else has suggested it, if you as a parent, think your child may have special educational needs, we would be happy to discuss further. Our service is self-referral and please do not hesitate to contact us.

Until your child turns 16, you are responsible for making decisions about their education. We understand that most children and young people with special educational needs, will rely heavily of their parents to be involved in decisions. However, you might like to know that, whatever their age, your child is also entitled to use our service in their own right or alongside you, if they would like to.

Our child / young person case officer can help your chid to understand their special educational needs, help them make their voice heard in school / college meetings, help them create a profile to contribute to section A of an EHC plan or as a way of expressing their views in wider scenarios.

Please peruse our resource pages below for a variety of information and factsheets and our useful contacts page to see what services are available locally and nationally. Please do let us know if there is anything that we can help with.

Support In School Symbol